platero-devel

[Platero-devel] Re: platero

From: Carlos
Subject: [Platero-devel] Re: platero
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:00:59 +0100

Javier Hernández wrote:

Hi,

Althought I'm new to your project, I would like to give my opipion. If it doesn't make sense, please ignore it.

Please, Andreas, commit your code for the gui protocol, because my code is only a quick&dirty hack of the old code, your code should be much better.

Also, I would like to know what do you think about the sources list, I think that the code is a bit cpu and mem consuming. Maybe there is a better way of do it.

I was impressed the first time I saw it, I had forgotten it completely :)
Well, in the method* DownloadDiagImp::updateSources*() I would search for existing sources and update them instead of cleaning the list and if they doesn't exists add new ones

I agree with the Makefile stuff.

I agree too currently, Makefiles in platero are a headache

In order to make some publicity, I think we should also announce the program in apps.kde.com and freshmeat.net, because there is already a program called "kmldonkey" which can generate some confusion to users.
I agree

Javier.

PS: I think that we need an updated TODO file, to take care of the remaining things to do and the priority of each one.
I copletely agree, we should make a TODO with the remaining stuff to realease a first tarball. I would start the TODO with this: - clearAll() function ( or a more apropiate name ) in each TAB to be called when platero gets disconnected ( currently is only implemented in the settings dialog )
- Change font in console TAB
- improve ed2k io slave ( to be able to send elinks when platero isn't runnig )

Byeee
Carlos

PS: Does the mail list work? I have send this mail before to platero-devel only and I haven't recieved a copy ( perhaps is normal ). This time I do a CC to all.

Best regards