platform-testers

[platform-testers] GNU MPC 1.2.0 release candidate

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: [platform-testers] GNU MPC 1.2.0 release candidate
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 16:01:59 +0200

Hello,

after about two years, we would like to make a new release of GNU MPC.
The release candidate is available here:
   http://www.multiprecision.org/downloads/mpc-1.2.0-rc1.tar.gz
   sha256sum 1f606dfa490c30beed05c47f595695c2d4205cc4f5c79cc9bdabd557f00f1b70

We would be grateful if you could test it and report potential problems to
   mpc-discuss@lists.gforge.inria.fr

A big change is that we rely on the recently released new MPFR version 4.1.0.

If all goes well, the release could become public at some time between
July 31st and the end of August.

In case you are curious, here are the news:
Changes in version 1.2.0:
  - Minimally required library version: MPFR 4.1.0
  - New functions: mpc_sum, mpc_dot
  - Several functions are more robust with a reduced exponent range
    (for example corresponding to IEEE 754 binary formats)
  - New tool mpcheck.

Thanks a lot,

Andreas