poke-devel

Re: PATCH: provide %c and %u8c formatting in pickle printf()

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: PATCH: provide %c and %u8c formatting in pickle printf()
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 15:25:31 +0200

    But that seems a bit overkill?  An alternative, probably more natural,
    is to catch EOF around the loop, do the right thing, then re-raise:

    try
      THE_LOOP_INCLUDING_draw_ascii_line;
    catch if E_eof
    {
      draw_ascii_line;
      raise E_eof;
    }

Thinking about this... we have this in dump:

 try print_data :offset offset :top top :step 16#B;
 catch if E_eof { print "\n"; }

If we make `offset' and `top' globals in print_data (as opposed to
function arguments) then we could abstract the ascii printing into a
print_ascii_line function, and call it in that catch:

 try print_data :offset offset :top top :step 16#B;
 catch if E_eof { print_ascii_line; print "\n"; }

wdyt?