poke-devel

Reading an unaligned integer in little endian (was: Re: Byte endianess v

From: Egeyar Bagcioglu
Subject: Reading an unaligned integer in little endian (was: Re: Byte endianess vs Bit endianess)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 20:23:44 +0100

Hi Jose,

This got stuck in my mind. Can you please check the following two paragraphs below? The first one is what the ios currently does. I wonder if it should do what's described in the second paragraph instead. I cannot imagine the use of the former while I can imagine the latter after John's example. If you also agree that my previous logic was wrong and should be replaced with the second paragraph below, I will do so.

(This is purely about the bit order in little endian. Big endian integers are read fine in all cases.)

Regards
Ege