poke-devel

Virtual PokeConf December 2020

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Virtual PokeConf December 2020
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 15:21:36 +0100

Ok, seems to be interest, so... lets to this! :)

Almost everyone indicated the weekend 12, 13 December as their preferred
date, so thats settled.

Duration: two days.

Time zone: lets use from 18:00 CET to 24:00 CET.  This is basically
morning for USA and evening for EU/middle east.

Regarding the contents, I think we can have both talks and discussion
sessions/panels.  The discussion sessions are about topics that need
discussion/design/brainstorming.

Talks:
  - Introduction to GNU poke (jemarch)
  - poke internals for developers (jemarch)

Discussion sessions:
  - Pattern matching and structs
  - Roadmap to 1.0
  - Terminal hyperlinks in printf
  - Endianness as a type property
  - Alien tokens and IO space names
  - Internationalization of Poke programs with gettext

Please send proposals for talks and additional topics to discuss by
replying to this thread.  Once we have the contents decided I will make
an initial proposed schedule.

I also plan to invite people from communities that may have a special
interest in poke: toolchain, kernel, etc.  This is a great opportunity
to get feedback from them in terms of desired functionality, etc.

Salud!