pspp-dev

Re: Windows Cross build fails because pspp executable is required during

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Windows Cross build fails because pspp executable is required during build
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 18:40:35 +0100

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 06:04:39PM +0100, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:
     Is it a big deal to produce the examples only for the doc target?

Our "doc" target is a convenience thing which is defined as

doc: $(INFO_DEPS) $(DVIS) $(PDFS) $(PSS) $(HTMLS) $(dist_docbook_DATA)

Note that INFO_DEPS includes doc/pspp.info which since it is documentation
needs the examples.  INFO_DEPS is a standard dependency of the all-am target
which is set automatically by automake.

So I think your question boils down to "Can we omit pspp.info from the default
target?"    -   I suppose the answer to that question is "Yes we could".
However it would fly in the face of the GNU conventions, which installs the
info files when running "make install".

J'