pspp-users

Re: save translate error

From: F. Thomas
Subject: Re: save translate error
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:50:33 +0100

On 18/01/2015 20:25, Harry Thijssen wrote:

Could you use the latest ReleaseCandidate and try it again? John improved the error handling so it should give 2 error messages now.

If it gives the same error, could you
a)
use
 show temp    or  show all
from the syntax window and check if the reported tempdir indeed exists and if you can create a file there.
b) Try if you can save any file to the filename mentioned in the error message
Hi,
I downloaded http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2015-01-17-ReleaseCandidate/
psppire.exe 0.8.4-gaef3ea.
(some version number more easily to copy, for instance just v1, v2 etc. would be welcomed :-) )

No error any longer ! Thanks for your work.
Excellent.

The only (minor) surprise: During a first run I copy-pasted a file name ending with a sav format as outfile name in the Save Translate command.
It worked and produced, as I had demanded, an outfile named as a sav file, but in fact it is  a csv file when you open it.

There is a copy of the command in the output window but no results line saying, for instance, X cases saved to ...

Thanks again,
ftr