pspp-users

Re: In dire need of help

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: In dire need of help
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 07:01:43 +0200

Unless the files you are merging contain a lot of foriegn characters or
non-ascii punctuation, then the warning you are seeing is unlikely to
be of serious concern.

Perhaps you could explain:

1.  What you are trying to achieve.  You said you are trying to merge
three files.  But what merge criteria do you want?

2.  Explain the format of the files you want to merge.  What variables
do that have with what formats?

3.  What have you tried so far?  Please post the exact syntax.

4.  What results did you observe (other than the "incompatible encodings"
warning)?

5.  How did this differ from what you expected to observe?

J'