pspp-users

Problem running Version 1.4.1 on Windows-7 64bit

From: jeepee
Subject: Problem running Version 1.4.1 on Windows-7 64bit
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 03:31:20 +0100

Hello,

After uninstalling pspp version 1.2 and installing 1.4.1
(pspp-20200905-daily-64bit) I get an error message the moment I try to start
it.

It says (translated from German to English) (windows title): " Entry point not
found"
Text: "The entry point of procedure "ScriptIsComplex" was not found in
GDI32.dll"

I searched the internet and found the following at Microsoft:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/usp10/nf-usp10-scriptisc
omplex

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
ScriptIsComplex function (usp10.h)

    12/05/2018
    2 minutes to read

Determines whether a Unicode string requires complex script processing.
Important  Starting with Windows 8: To maintain the ability to run on
Windows 7, a module that uses Uniscribe must specify Usp10.lib before
gdi32.lib in its library list.

So I think that the build for the windows version of pspp did not take care of
the "important" note Microsoft placed for windows 7 usage.

Could the person involved with the build for windows usage check this out
and eventually repair this?

Best regards
Peter