pspp-users

Descriptive Numbers Are Wrong and Change on Each Run

From: Ricardo Mejias
Subject: Descriptive Numbers Are Wrong and Change on Each Run
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:37:02 +0000

Regarding the previous email I sent yesterday, I have some more information on the problem.

I checked the data in the file that my code created, named: "E:\GNU_PSPP\FloridaTotalsFiles\SelectedFieldsWithMergedMonthAndAnalisisData20230912.sav".  Its data was correct.  Therefore, the problem is with the DESCRIPTIVE:

An additional problem with this Descriptive is that each time I open the file that my code created, then run the Descriptive, I get a different set of numbers for an answer.  Below are three examples whose data came from the same file.  It almost seems as if the Descriptive has a random number generator in it.  And this has only happened since I started using the latest version of PSPP.

What can be done about this?