psychosynth-devel

[Psychosynth-devel] New release: Psychosynth 0.1.2

From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
Subject: [Psychosynth-devel] New release: Psychosynth 0.1.2
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:22:05 +0100

Hi,

A new release has been made. It is far from including all features I had
 planned for this term, but I hope I'll have more time the starting one.

Also, important design decisions are to me taken in a month or so. Any
help from experienced C++ programmers with previous experience in
template metaprogramming, software synthesis and sequencing -anyway, any
help is wellcome and very valuable, even if those "requisites" are not
matched :-)

Despite there are not many people on the list, I'll try to send emails
to it periodically so there is a record for design discussions and
newcomers have an active mean of communication.

@ALEX:

You said that you could try to do a port for MacOsX. That means
implementing an output device based on Core Audio. I have never
programmed with Core Audio so, please, can you take a look at the Core
Audio API and see if the interface defined in psynth/output/output.hpp
is ok for it? As usage examples you can take a look at output_alsa.*
output_oss.* and output_jack.*. Note that those implementations are not
good -missing error handling (exceptions handling systems are to be
added in the future) and hardcoded values.

I no longer think that postponing the ports till the refactorings is a
good idea. Probably taking them into account from the start and
maintaining them later is a better idea -despite the fact that it
requires more effort for the people maintaining the platform-specific
code :p Also, having the eyes of Mac/Win guys on the project is a good
idea and will probably help us get more help. What do you think?

JP