psychosynth-devel

[psynth-devel] Re: Compilation for Ubuntu 9.10 fixed

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: [psynth-devel] Re: Compilation for Ubuntu 9.10 fixed
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:34:13 +0100

Hoola,

> > Attached a small patch with some fixes needed for Ubuntu 9.10
> > compilation:
> >
> > * Included some #include headers in the code to avoid compilation errors
> > (seems g++ is more restrictive)
> >

> Ok, thanks. I should clean that code that relies on non-standard
> dependencies.
>
> > * Included gtk+-2.0 development files as dependency (checked at
> > configure time). It seems you added a dependency to libgtk-x11-2.0 or
> > something, but it was not being checked).
> >

> There should be no dependency on Gtk+... that is weird. Which problems
> are you having exactly?

When compiling, linker halted because it didn't find libgtk-x11-2.0.la,
which is only included in libgtk+-2.0-dev. Maybe the dependency is
coming from Ogre? Will ask Andrew Fenn.

> > And some other minor stuff...
> >
> > * Included a `bootstrap' script, to be called before ./configure (to get
> > autotools run and such)
> >

> Not needed. One should use the generic autoreconf instead with latest
> auto-tools packages.

Well, I tried `autoreconf -i' and it crashed because no ChangeLog was
available, and ChangeLog is actually generated with `make log', so I
need to have the Makefile already there to generate it...

So the `bootstrap' I added is just to `touch ChangeLog' before running
`autoreconf -i'... Maybe there is another arg for autoreconf that I
don't know?

> > * Removed from repo `config.sub' and `config.guess', which are created
> > automatically during first compilation.
> >

> Ok :D

Does bazaar allow installing only some commits in the patch? I can
regenerate a new patch if needed.

> > I will prepare the Ubuntu Karmic Koala PPA soon.
> >
> Thanks a lot!

You're welcome! Are you in the GHM? I missed this one...

Cheers,
-Aleksander