psychosynth-devel

[psynth-devel] Re: [Fwd: Re: [psynth-user] Problemas para instalar psych

From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
Subject: [psynth-devel] Re: [Fwd: Re: [psynth-user] Problemas para instalar psychosynth en Ubuntu 9.10]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:09:52 +0200

Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> JP,
>
> Seems the Alsa error issue is "solved" not using Alsa as audio output.
> Attached email from Seba who doesn't have the buffer underrun problem if
> OSS is selected as audio output.

Yes... The issue with Alsa buffer underruns have been known for a long
time. It is weird because it can only be reproduced in some machines and
Alsa versions... Using OSS works (despite that OSS is a bit of an
annoyance, as it locks the audio device) and so does Jack, but you need
to have a Jack server running (that is why it is not working in the
given log).

Thanks,

JP