psychosynth-devel

Re: [psynth-devel] Re: psychosynth in Squeeze

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: Re: [psynth-devel] Re: psychosynth in Squeeze
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:58:32 +0100

> All you say above might be truth, however, I'm trying to compile in
> Squeeze right now, not in SID.

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding (I should have read the subject
better :p). Try this, with psychosynth-0.1.6: in line 195 in
configure.ac you will find something like:

  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SOUNDTOUCH, [ soundtouch-1.0 ],

Change it to:

  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SOUNDTOUCH, [ soundtouch ],

Then run "autoreconf -i". From time to time they have the nicety of
changing the soundtouch pkg-config identifier, I dunno why.

> I first want to *try* your software in Squeeze for my own use, because I
> love playing with music software. Then, if I like it, I will help to
> have it reach SID. There's no hurry for that 2nd part, but the sooner
> you start, the better it is, because that can be a long process.
>
>> I actually do need one; I sent an RFP long time ago with no luck [1]. I
>> appreciate a your collaboration.
>
> Then, you've found one! :)
>
> But it seems you didn't understand what a sponsor is. I don't want to be
> the *debian maintainer* for your package (I got enough work to do on
> other packages), but I am OK to help you to be that maintainer, and I
> can upload your package into Debian, which is what a sponsor does.

Allright, sorry again for the misunderstanding. Well, I hope the fix
above helps with trying the software and I will tell you when we try to
build debian packages for the software and try to get them in Sid.

Thanks,

JP