psychosynth-devel

Re: [psynth-devel] Gil-import merged into trunk -- testers wanted

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: Re: [psynth-devel] Gil-import merged into trunk -- testers wanted
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:19:47 +0100

On 23/03/11 20:14, Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just merged into trunk all the heavy work in the gil-import branch.
> This also fixes a couple of quite annoying bugs and the codebase has
> changed a lot and thus I believe it is worth making a 0.2.0 release.
>
> The changelog includes:
>
> - New audio processing and I/O subsystem based on template programming
> for generic yet efficient sound signals.
> - The extreme latency when using ALSA bug seems to be fixed.
> - No longer depend on libvorbis, libsndfile can now handle ogg and flac
> files too.
> - No longer depend on sigc++, using boost::signals which, which is a bit
> slower but neglibe and this simplifies the dependencies.
> - The mouse wheel now scrolls in the object selector.
> - The object selector no longer lets mouse clicks pass through.
> - Backwards reproducing a sample works a bit better now too.
> - Some new niceties in the framework base layer.

I forgot to mention:

- C++0x features are being used in the code. For GCC, this means version
4.5 shall be used. I doubt it will compile with any other compiler
(maybe latest VS), but you can try and report.
- For this same reason, Boost.Threads is no longer a dependency, we use
STL threads instead.

JP