psychosynth-devel

Re: [psynth-devel] Gil-import merged into trunk -- testers wanted

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: Re: [psynth-devel] Gil-import merged into trunk -- testers wanted
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:51:18 +0100

Discussing the issue with Alexander we found out that Boost >= 1.44 is
not distributed along with Ubuntu Natty, which means that packages can
not be built for it and that compiling it in any Ubuntu based distro can
be a pain in the ass. This new Boost version requirement was due to a
change in their filesystem API. I have gone back to Boost 1.42 and
enabled BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION 2 so the old API is picked when newer
versions are of Boost are installed in the system.

Also automatic lambdas in mpl::transform seem not to work in 1.42 but I
have changed the code to use mpl::quote* instead in various places where
placeholders where used instead.

If you do not have Boost >= 1.44 checkout from trunk again.

JP