psychosynth-devel

Re: [psynth-devel] patch for the amd64 build :-)

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [psynth-devel] patch for the amd64 build :-)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:37:07 +0200

Hey,

>>> i played a bit around with compiling pychosynth on amd64 @ lp and
>> withAm 20.06.2012 17:35, schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
>>> the debian files.
>>> I figured out that the ax_boost_base.m4 links to lib64 for amd64, but
>>> this dont exists on debian/ubuntu distros, so i wrote a little patch,
>>> and also updated a little bit the debian files:
>>> https://code.launchpad.net/~dns/psychosynth/debian
>>> Here are the builds:
>>> https://launchpad.net/~dns/+archive/psychosynth/+packages (contains also
>>> precise and quantal builds :-)
>>

>> Can you give me the link to a branch of our ppa-specific debian repo, so
>> that I can merge it there? You can squash all your commits together in a
>> single commit.
>>
> What do you mean exactly, should i create a new team-branch and push my
> changes to it?
> If yes, how should i call it? Sorry, but i better ask before i do
> something wrong. :-)

The 'official' repo with the Ubuntu packaging is:
  lp:~gnu-psychosynth-team/psychosynth/packaging

Just branch that repo, and apply your changes on top of that. Then push
a *new* branch (owned by you, not by the team), so that we can review it.

I also kept release-specific branches, see:
  https://code.launchpad.net/~gnu-psychosynth-team

> Btw, we can use launchpad recipes too, makes it a bit easier to build a
> new release there.
> https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/SourceBuilds/Recipes
> Example for psychosynth: https://code.launchpad.net/~dns/+recipe/psychosynth
> Other recipes from me: https://code.launchpad.net/~dns/+recipes
>
> If we want to use recipe(s), then the branch with the debian files needs
> to have this format:
> RepositoryFormatKnitPack6RichRoot to be able to "nest" the repo in
> lp:psychosynth.

Can you write a short howto on using these recipes with psychosynth?
Just the minimum set of commands needed should be enough.

Thanks!

- --
Aleksander