psychosynth-user

[psynth-user] Re: psychosynth repository error?

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: [psynth-user] Re: psychosynth repository error?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:32:30 +0200

Hi Dirk,

I'm cc-ing the psychosynth users' mailing list, btw.

> Thank you very much for the ubuntu repository of the psychosynth-software. I
> would like very much to make music with this software.
> I am "playing" with Ubuntu-Studio, based upon Karmic Koala. When I install
> psychosynth from your repository, i cannot run it:
>
> psynth3d: error while loading shared libraries: libOgreMain-1.6.4.so: cannot
>
> I tried to install the dependencies manually, and i get the following problem:
>
> libceguiogre-dev:
>   Hängt ab: libogre-dev (=1.6.4~ogredev8), aber es wird 1.7.0~ogredev6
> installiert
> (depends on: libogre-dev (=1.6.4~ogredev8), but 1.7.0~ogredev6 will be
> installed)
>
> Isn't this one of the lib's that should be provided by repositories shown
> here: http://www.psychosynth.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Repository ?
>
> I was so lucky to find your repository, because I never successfully solved
> problems like these.
> What can I do to install psychosynth successfully? Downgrade on other
> Ubuntu-Versions is not  possible due to hardware-problems.

Did you include Andrew Fenn's PPA also in your sources.list?

Also make sure you setup the proper Ubuntu version repo, "karmic" in
your case.

Anyway, it seems that the dependencies in the package may not be ok...
Don't currently have a karmic ubuntu here, but will try to find one and
try to reproduce the issue...

--
Aleksander