psychosynth-user

[psynth-user] Can't solve my 30 sec delay

From: Ferran Pallares Roca
Subject: [psynth-user] Can't solve my 30 sec delay
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:18:36 +0000

I've been installing PsychoSynth on my Ubuntu 11.04 desktop. I've followed the steps listed under "Easy setup" in your webpage: (http://www.psychosynth.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Repository) and I have succeded installing the program. The problem comes when I try to fix the 30 seconds delay, I type "psynth3d -o alsa --alsa-device hw:0,0" and I get this message in the terminal:

[psynth.base.xml] ERROR: Could not open

config file for reading: /home/ferran/.psychosynth/psychosynth.xml. The application might create it later.

[gui] INFO: Loading settings.

[psynth.base.xml] ERROR: Could not open config file for reading: /home/ferran/.psychosynth/psynth3d.xml. The application might create it later.

[gui] INFO: Initializing Ogre.

[gui] INFO: Initializing OIS.

[gui] INFO: Initializing synthesizer.

[gui] INFO: Initializing networking.

[gui] INFO: Initializing scene.

[gui] INFO: Initializing CEGUI.

[gui] INFO: Initializing GUI elements.

[gui] INFO: Closing GUI elements.

[gui] INFO: Closing CEGUI.

[gui] INFO: Closing networking.

[gui] INFO: Closing scene.

[gui] INFO: Closing synthesizer.

[psynth.io.async] ERROR: Asynchronous I/O device is not idle.

After this, the delay still persists. I have also tried to use the jack output but I can see no positive results. I really want to know whether there is a way to solve the delay because it is really annoying and I this programme seems very interesting.

Thank you very much, I hope I can get some help :)