psychosynth-user

[psynth-user] Can't install from ppa or build on ubuntu 12.04 precise

From: athos bacchiocchi
Subject: [psynth-user] Can't install from ppa or build on ubuntu 12.04 precise
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:43:59 +0200

hi,

I'm trying to install psychosynth on my ubuntu precise machine. First tried with the ppa. The one for precise pangolin is not available, so i tried to use the oneiric one, but with no success. Apt get tells me:

psychosynth-gui : Depends on: libogre-1.7.3 but can't be installed
(translation is mine, my terminal is in italian, hope it makes sense)

So i tried building it from source, following the installation guide from the website. Even worse... I am unable to obtain several packages. Here's part of apt-get output:

Note, "liblo-dev" is selected instead of "liblo0-dev"
Note, "libsndfile1-dev" is selected instead of "libsndfile-dev"
Note, "libsoundtouch-dev" is selected instead of "libsoundtouch1-dev"

The package libboost1.35-dev has got no available versions, but is named by another package. That may mean that the package is missing, obsolete or that it is available only inside (through?) another source.

E: Impossible to find package libceguiogre-dev
E: Impossible to find package libboost-serialization1.35-dev
E: Impossible to find any package through the regular _expression_ "libboost-serialization1.35-dev"
E: The package "libboost1.35-dev" has no candidates for installation

(again, english translation is mine)

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
athos