pupa-devel

Re: Normal and rescue mode

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Normal and rescue mode
Date: 28 Sep 2003 00:52:44 +0200

Marco Gerards <address@hidden> writes:

> GRUB for example has a shell that works in GNU/Linux, that would be
> convenient to have for PUPA as well, it makes hacking a lot easier.
> Perhaps I have a look at this tonight and if it is easy to write.

Well, I had a look at this.  It is actually quite easy to do, I
already did most stuff.  I've just added a "posix" directory to every
directory that holds a "i386" directory. (Only when it makes sense
of course).

The console stuff was quite easy to implement (with ncurses).  I still
didn't have a look at the partition/disk stuff, I do this later
tonight.

If there is anything I need to know before I'm completely finished
with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Marco