pupa-devel

Ext2fs for pupa

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Ext2fs for pupa
Date: 11 Oct 2003 22:33:46 +0200

Hi,

It was a while ago when I said I wanted to work on ext2fs for PUPA.  I
have just started working on this yesterday, but I found out it is not
that hard.

I was wondering if it is interested to add ext3 support, so it is
possible to boot from a broken ext3 fs.  Does it happen often that
GRUB can't boot from a broken ext3 partition?

So, does it make sense to implement this?  Do you have some other
suggestions?

Anyway, I will continue with writing ext2fs and I will let you know
when it works.

Thanks,
Marco