pygsear-users

[pygsear] Re: getting a handle on Drawable

From: Lee Harr
Subject: [pygsear] Re: getting a handle on Drawable
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:40:58 +0000

With my spotty undrstanding of this stuff I thought this code
might draw a rectangle,any hints?

Hi;

Sorry for the very late response...

I think part of your message may have been cut off?
Was there an attachment maybe?

The simplest way to draw a rectangle would be this:

from pygsear.Drawable import Rectangle
r = Rectangle()
r.udraw()

From there you might want to move the rectangle or change
its color:

r.uclear()
from pygsear.locals import *
r.setColor(BLUE)
r.nudge(100, 200)
r.udraw()

udraw is only useful in the interactive interpreter. It is
draw + update and so it would slow things down too much in
an actual game.

Does this help at all?