pyodbc-dev

[Pyodbc-dev] python pyodbc - connect error

From: Threader Slash
Subject: [Pyodbc-dev] python pyodbc - connect error
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:13:44 +1100

Hello Everybody... here we go - my first question:

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. I am using Eclipse IDE with Python 2.5; need to read content from a
Lotus Notes database, so run some basic query like - SELECT peronname FROM
tablename.
2. 'import pyodbc' is ok - python see it!
3. But it doesn't connect, when I try to run
conn = pyodbc.connect("DRIVER=Lotus NotesSQL Driver};SERVER=local;UID=John
Meyer;PWD=yellowbird;DATABASE=mydb.nsf")

It should connect. But it gives me the error:
pyodbc.Error: ('IM002', '[IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data
source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnectW)')

pyodbc25 WinXP

Please, any hint or suggestion? Thanks in advance.