qemacs-devel

[Qemacs-devel] TAB completion feature request and minor Makefile quibble

From: John Robinson
Subject: [Qemacs-devel] TAB completion feature request and minor Makefile quibble
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:50:24 +0100

Hi, I just downloaded and built QEmacs on my Gentoo Linux box, looks and works pretty well, but just a couple of things:

1) When looking for completions e.g. while seeking a file to visit by hitting TAB, could you arrange that hitting TAB again effectively does the same as hitting Page Down to scroll the list of completions shown? In GNU Emacs, using up/down/Page Up/Page Down do things related to command history, not scroll the list of completions, while hitting TAB again scrolls the list of completions, and I think it would be very handy if it had the same effect in QEmacs - so I don't end up hitting the wrong keys when I am using GNU Emacs on other machines.

2) Why does the Makefile add -march=i386 -falign-functions=0 to the CFLAGS? My CFLAGS already has my preferred options in it "-march=k6-2 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -falign-functions -fforce-addr" which I've used for pretty much everything else on my system, and the Makefile is overriding them. (I've already edited the Makefile and rebuilt for myself, and everything runs great for me.)

Obviously these are minor points and no big deal really, just thought I'd offer my suggestions. Thanks for a great bit of software and keep up the good work!

Cheers,

John.