qemacs-devel

[Qemacs-devel] Shift_L and Shift_R modifier keys seem not to be working(

From: Clemmitt Sigler
Subject: [Qemacs-devel] Shift_L and Shift_R modifier keys seem not to be working(?)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 11:20:18 -0400

Hi,

I'm running Arch Linux x86_64.  Either there's something weird with X
on my laptop or not many people have used the X version of qemacs
because no one has complained....

When running X qemacs, pressing the left and right Shift modifier keys
doesn't work.  It's not that regular letters aren't capitalized.
Instead, pressing the Shift keys suppresses key input completely.

So, I'm not an X programmer but know the simple basics.  I noticed a
difference in how keys were handled when "shift" is on in
x11_handle_event() compared to when "ctrl" is on.  So I hacked the
source and it works, but it may not be the right way to fix the
problem(?).  Or maybe I'm the only one seeing this problem?

Patch is attached.

HTH.  And thanks for maintaining and hacking on such a useful
lightweight editor :^)
--
Clemmitt Sigler