qemu-arm

How to run multiple VMs on ARM FVP?

From: Chenxu Wang
Subject: How to run multiple VMs on ARM FVP?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:26:49 +0800

Hi all,

I want to run multiple VMs on ARM FVP with QEMU 2.9. Currently, I can only run 1 VM (no filesystem) with the following commands.

./qemu-system-aarch64 -nographic -kernel Image -initrd ramdisk.img -m 512 -machine virt,accel=kvm -cpu host -append "console=ttyAMA0 init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 rw rootfstype=ext4"

Then it boots the VM in the current console (ttyAMA0).

Now I want to run at least 2 VMs with QEMU. Specifically, I wish they can boot in two different consoles, so I can type to insmod some modules on them.

How to do it?

Sincerely,
Wang Chenxu