qemu-arm

ARM64 EL3 Exception SP_EL3 Issue?

From: Chad Karaginides (QUIC)
Subject: ARM64 EL3 Exception SP_EL3 Issue?
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 19:25:18 +0000

Hello,

I am executing the Zephyr RTOS on a QEMU A53 core with Trace32 as the frontend.  I am seeing a behavior difference between the QEMU A53 core and real hardware.  Execution is in EL1h and an SMC call is made.  Execution transitions to EL3h but the EL1 stack pointer is not propagated to SP_EL3.  Is this a potential bug or is this functionality covered in a test case somewhere?  If it is a bug I have no problem diving in and trying to help fix it.  I am new to QEMU but willing to help.  Just wanted to make sure I am not doing something wrong first.

Thank you in advance,

Chad