qemu-arm

Re: [RFC/PATCH v0 12/12] gunyah: Documentation

From: Srivatsa Vaddagiri
Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH v0 12/12] gunyah: Documentation
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:51:52 +0530

* Alex Benn?e <alex.bennee@linaro.org> [2023-10-12 15:55:59]:

> > Hi Phil,
> >     We do want to see Gunyah support merged in Qemu at the earliest (as soon
> > as the kernel driver is merged upstream that is), so any dependent change in
> > Qemu for Gunyah would be of much interest to us! I am not sure though if
> > Quic
> > can sign up for the entire "make cpustate accel agnostic" work. Can you
> > point
> > to your ongoing work that I could take a look at? Would that address
> > virtio-pci
> > becoming accelerator agnostic?
>
> Why wouldn't virtio-pci be accelerator agnostic?

I checked usage of few KVM APIs in virtio-pci.c. I think most of them are to do
with use of MSI and IRQFD. If lets say we are not supporting MSI, then I *think*
current virtio-pci should work just fine. It would use virtio_pci_notify ->
pci_set_irq -> .. -> qemu_set_irq, which should land in
gunyah_arm_gicv3_set_irq [Patch 7/12] AFAICT. Let me try getting virtio-pci
working and then I can update this thread again!

- vatsa