qemu-block

Re: [RESEND][BUG FIX HELP] QEMU main thread endlessly hangs in __ppoll()

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [RESEND][BUG FIX HELP] QEMU main thread endlessly hangs in __ppoll()
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 11:53:55 -0500

On 3/4/21 10:08 PM, Like Xu wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for your comment.

On 2021/3/5 7:53, John Snow wrote:
On 2/28/21 9:39 PM, Like Xu wrote:
Hi Genius,

I am a user of QEMU v4.2.0 and stuck in an interesting bug, which may still exist in the mainline.
Thanks in advance to heroes who can take a look and share understanding.

Do you have a test case that reproduces on 5.2? It'd be nice to know if it was still a problem in the latest source tree or not.

We narrowed down the source of the bug, which basically came from
the following qmp usage:

{'execute': 'human-monitor-command', 'arguments':{ 'command-line': 'drive_del replication0' } }

One of the test cases is the COLO usage (docs/colo-proxy.txt).

This issue is sporadic,the probability may be 1/15 for a io-heavy guest.

I believe it's reproducible on 5.2 and the latest tree.

Can you please test and confirm that this is the case, and then file a bug report on the LP: https://launchpad.net/qemu and include:

- The exact commit you used (current origin/master debug build would be the most ideal.)
- Which QEMU binary you are using (qemu-system-x86_64?)
- The shortest command line you are aware of that reproduces the problem
- The host OS and kernel version
- An updated call trace
- Any relevant commands issued prior to the one that caused the hang; or detailed reproduction steps if possible.

Thanks,
--js