qemu-block

Re: [PULL 5/5] m68k: add Virtual M68k Machine

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL 5/5] m68k: add Virtual M68k Machine
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 10:29:01 +0100

On 19/03/21 10:20, Max Reitz wrote:
On 19.03.21 07:32, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 18/03/2021 18.28, Max Reitz wrote:
[...]
 From that it follows that I don’t see much use in testing specific devices either.  Say there’s a platform that provides both virtio-pci and virtio-mmio, the default (say virtio-pci) is fine for the iotests. I see little value in testing virtio-mmio as well.  (Perhaps I’m short-sighted, though.)

That's a fair point. But still, if someone compiled QEMU only with a target that only provided virtio-mmio, the iotests should not fail when running "make check". To avoid that we continue playing whack-a-mole here in the future, maybe it would be better to restrict the iotests to the "main" targets only, e.g. modify check-block.sh so that the tests only run with x86, aarch64, s390x and ppc64 ?

Right, that would certainly be the simplest solution.

It would also make the patches that Laurent sent this morning unnecessary, and avoid the use of aliases in the tests (so that it's clear what is tested).

Paolo