qemu-block

Re: [RFC 0/3] Add Generic SPI GPIO model

From: Patrick Williams
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/3] Add Generic SPI GPIO model
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:41:28 -0500

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 03:25:55PM +0200, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
> Hello Iris,
>
> On 7/29/22 01:23, Iris Chen wrote:

> > MOSI pin in spi_gpio: the mosi pin is not included and we poll the realtime
> > value
> > of the gpio for input bits to prevent bugs with caching the mosi value. It
> > was discovered
> > during testing that when using the mosi pin as the input pin, the mosi
> > value was not
> > being updated due to a kernel and aspeed_gpio model optimization.
>
> ah. We need help from Andrew ! the model should have a mosi pin .

This discussion about SMC reminded me of something that might be leading
to the issues we're seeing.  Our hardware implementation uses the same
GPIOs as one of the SMCs and doesn't use the SMC.  It could be that both
QEMU models (the SPI-GPIO and the SMC) are trying to grab the same
GPIOs.

--
Patrick Williams