qemu-block

Re: [PULL v2 10/16] block: introduce zone append write for zoned devices

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 10/16] block: introduce zone append write for zoned devices
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:52:20 +0100

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 at 18:35, Sam Li <faithilikerun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> 于2023年6月3日周六 01:30写道:
> >
> > On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 at 18:23, Sam Li <faithilikerun@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks for spotting this. You are right that bs->wps is not checked in
> > > this code path. I think the get_zones_wp() should handle a NULL
> > > bs->wps which is the function calling wps directly.
> > >
> > > Would you like to submit a patch for this? Or I can do it if you are
> > > not available.
> >
> > I don't know anything about this code, so I'm not really in
> > a position to write a patch. I'm just passing on the information
> > from the Coverity scanner -- it scales a lot better that way
> > than trying to write fixes for everything myself :-)
>
> I see. I'll fix it. Wish I had known more about this tool when I was
> testing this code.

Coverity is a bit awkward because the free online scanner only
runs on code that's already been committed to QEMU, so it doesn't
tell us about issues until we've already gone through the
whole code-review-test cycle. Plus it often complains about
things that aren't bugs, so you have to be a bit cautious
about interpreting its reports. But it's still a nice tool
to have.

The online UI is at https://scan.coverity.com/projects/qemu
and you can create an account and apply for permission to look
at the recorded defects if you like.

thanks
-- PMM