qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qgraph

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qgraph
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 14:03:42 +0200

On 10/06/19 13:57, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Your question doesn't make sense grammatically or conceptually. As Paolo
> explained below, QOM is a pure object model, with object types/classes
> and properties. Buses are just object instances attached as properties
> and don't necessarily even need their own type of bus object (e.g, CPU).
> An answer you don't like doesn't change by asking it to other people...
> The information is all there, you just need to interpret it correctly.
>
> There is no technical discussion (no concrete proposal of yours) to
> comment on here, and kindly refer to last week's change of maintainers.
>
> You would be better off just explaining what you really want to achieve.

Well, that was explained upthread---finding out what device can be
plugged where.

Let's see what is in QOM right now:

$ qemu-kvm -qmp unix:foo.sock,server,nowait -device virtio-scsi-pci,id=vs
$ ./qmp/qom-list -s ~/foo.sock /machine/peripheral/vs|less

There is a "virtio-bus" here, and iside it there is a scsi-bus.

$ ./qmp/qom-list -s ~/foo.sock /machine/peripheral/vs/virtio-bus/child[0]/
vs.0/

I guess you could add to virtio-scsi-pci a class property for the bus,
and then make "vs.0" an alias to that class property.  This would allow
you find buses by enumerating the class properties.

Paolo