qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question about bdrv_co_invalidate_cache

From: Yury Kotov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question about bdrv_co_invalidate_cache
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 19:42:33 +0300

Hi,

I just want to clarify the purpose of bdrv_co_invalidate_cache callback.
IIUC on of the purposes of this callback is to "activate" BDRV (opposite of the
bdrv_inactivate callback) on migration end, right?

E.g, if we have a custom BDRV which is backed by some network block storage with
exclusive mount then on migration end bdrv_inactivate callback have to unmount
this storage and bdrv_co_invalidate_cache have to mount it.

I'm not sure because of the name of bdrv_co_invalidate_cache callback. It looks
like something that can be called in very different context, not only migration
(may be not now, but in the future).

If there is another approach for my example, tell me about it, please.
We have such custom BDRV with exclusive mount and want to realize migration
support correctly.

Thanks!

Regards,
Yury