qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 17/25] target/i386: kvm: Block migration for vCPU

From: Liran Alon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 17/25] target/i386: kvm: Block migration for vCPUs exposed with nested virtualization
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 01:26:03 +0300

> On 8 Jul 2019, at 21:21, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 21.06.19 13:30, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> From: Liran Alon <address@hidden>
>
> This broke bisection (which I currently have to do because this pull manages
> lock up 5.1 host kernels): cpu_has_nested_virt will only come later in this
> series.
>
> Jan

That’s correct Jan.
The original patch series I sent upstream didn’t had this problem. (See:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/kvm/list/?series=135023)
But commit was changed during merge to upstream which mistakenly introduced
compile errors to some of the commits.
As this is already merged, there is no way to fix it anymore. But this is just
an honest innocent mistake.

-Liran