qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v1 03/18] hw/pci: introduce PCIPASIDOps to PCIDevi

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v1 03/18] hw/pci: introduce PCIPASIDOps to PCIDevice
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:51:51 +1000

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:08:15AM +0000, Liu, Yi L wrote:
> [...]

That doesn't seem conceptually right.  IIUC, the pasids "belong" to a
sort of SVM context.  It seems to be the alloc should be on that
object - and that object would already have some connection to any
relevant vfio containers.  At the vfio level this seems like it should
be a container operation rather than a device operation.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson