qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU as ISS (Instruction Set Simulator)

From: ??
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU as ISS (Instruction Set Simulator)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 18:11:36 +0800

I am working on a project that requires me to modify the ISA of the MIPS
target. I have been staring at the source code for about a week, but found it
really difficult due to me being a young rookie and the sparse comments.
Specifically, I need to extend MIPS, by adding some new instructions and new
CPU registers to the current architecture, and that sounds really easy. I think
the place for me to look at should be at the directory
${qemu_root}/target/mips/. With a MIPS Instruction Set Manual Release 6 handy,
I have difficulty finding the source code where the ISA resides. Is it in
op_helper.c? Or translate.c? Any guidance would be really appreciated. Thank
you very much in advance.

Cheers,
L.