qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Raspbian on RPi emulation

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Raspbian on RPi emulation
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 17:14:39 +0200

Hey Zoltan,

On 8/20/19 4:50 PM, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2019, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:

>>> Will these patches be merged eventually? These seem to at least get rid
>>> of some annoying warnings in Linux boot dmesg.
>>
>> I'll respin this series addressing Peter's comments.
>>
>> Thanks for reminding me ;)
>>
>> Phil.
>
> While you're at raspi patches maybe I remind you again of the above :-)
> I think I haven't seen these being merged yet but correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct :)

I did address the issue reported by Peter regarding the CPRMAN block.

Guenter tried the series and reported issue with the A2W block (he did
implement it, basically to return 0x10001 for a pair of registers, but I
hadn't implemented it).

Now I have a basic A2W implemented, but I can't reproduce the error
Guenter reported, so I was waiting for more spare time to invest on
this. Anyhow meanwhile I can post my work as RFC.

Regards,

Phil.