qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [EXTERNAL]Re: Proposal for amending TCG interface namin

From: Aleksandar Markovic
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [EXTERNAL]Re: Proposal for amending TCG interface naming scheme
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 16:38:15 +0000

> From: BALATON Zoltan <address@hidden>
>
> Sorry to comment on this without really knowing what is it about but maybe
> my view is not completely useless if this is to be understood by people
> who don't know anything about it. If it is not useful just ignore.

No, Zoltan, to the contrary, you hit the nail - the good interface scheme
should look natural even for people not acquainted with the gory details
of the area.

I have a couple of students, and these names just don't stick to their
minds, they just want to run away from using them. There seems to be
an "entry barrier" that is self-imposed by us.

All those functions seem to me underused in QEMU code. Partially
because some of them are relatively new, but for sure partially because
of some kind of disorganization of the naming.

Aleksandar