qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GSoC project: API Documentation Generation links and commen

From: Gabriel Barreto
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GSoC project: API Documentation Generation links and comments
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:51:33 -0300

I've uploaded to my github repository¹ the work done so far. Using
Peter's patches as a starting point, we were able to generate
kernel-docs documentation for some of QEMU's APIs. After studying the
available options, we found a nice solution to publish the
documentation online and keep it updated, using Github Pages and
Travis CI. The idea is to use QEMU's Github mirror, updating the
documentation (located on a gh-pages branch) with every push done to
the master branch. I've implemented this and it's available at a
Github Page² on a gh-pages branch managed by travis jobs. The default
theme needs better structure, but a search in existing documentation
is possible as an out-of-the-box feature. My work is not done yet, as
I still need to rebase my commits to obtain a proper format for RFCs
and figure out a better alternative to deal with the massive number of
warnings that happen when generating the documentation. I'll keep
working on it and welcome any feedback from you. I'm available to
answer all questions you might have.

[1] https://github.com/gsb16/qemu
[2] https://gsb16.github.io/qemu/

Kind Regards,