qemu-devel

Re: Qemu/KVM fuzzing - next steps

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Qemu/KVM fuzzing - next steps
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 11:58:23 +0100

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 11:50, Darren Kenny <address@hidden> wrote:
> How would you like to move forward? Is there an ordered list of
> device or machines that we'd like to focus on anywhere? If not,
> could we create one?

Roughly, "anything that can be used with KVM" is our
security boundary, so we should start with fuzzing the
devices and machines that can be used with it.
QEMU has a ton of implementations of device and machine
models that can only be used with TCG emulation, but we
don't make any promises about guest code not being able
to escape from a TCG-based machine, so we can leave those
until later (if at all).

thanks
-- PMM