qemu-devel

Re: ACPI table modifications

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: ACPI table modifications
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:22:19 +0200

Hi Gautam,

On 10/11/19 8:47 PM, Gautam Bhat wrote:
Hi,

I want to add some I2C based temperature sensors to the -M Q35 machine. I want to update the ACPI tables to add this device information. How can I go about  doing this?

QEMU provides a MAINTAINERS file with persons to contact sorted by topics (I Cc'ed in this reply).

This is the relevant ACPI section, it also lists the files you might look at:

ACPI/SMBIOS
M: Michael S. Tsirkin
M: Igor Mammedov
S: Supported
F: include/hw/acpi/*
F: include/hw/firmware/smbios.h
F: hw/mem/*
F: hw/acpi/*
F: hw/smbios/*
F: hw/i386/acpi-build.[hc]
F: hw/arm/virt-acpi-build.c
F: tests/bios-tables-test.c
F: tests/acpi-utils.[hc]
F: tests/data/acpi/

Eventually the bios-tables-test.c file is a good starting point.

Regards,

Phil.