qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 1/4] ui: Fix hanging up Cocoa display on macOS 10.15 (Catalina

From: Christian Schoenebeck
Subject: Re: [PULL 1/4] ui: Fix hanging up Cocoa display on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:11:41 +0200

On Freitag, 18. Oktober 2019 15:02:49 CEST Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 at 14:01, Christian Schoenebeck
>
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Freitag, 18. Oktober 2019 12:17:08 CEST Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > > From: Hikaru Nishida <address@hidden>
> > >
> > > macOS API documentation says that before applicationDidFinishLaunching
> > > is called, any events will not be processed. However, some events are
> > > fired before it is called in macOS Catalina.
> >
> > Even though fixed now on qemu side, I filed a bug report with Apple to let
> > them know, since this indeed looks like unintended behaviour change a.k.a.
> > bug in Catalina.
>
> Thanks -- do you have an apple bug number or something for that?

It's filed as FB7380815 (on October 15th).

As of May this year they changed the way how externals may report bugs. You
now have to use "Feedback Assistant" (requires a developer account):

        https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Before that change, registered developers could use bugreport.apple.com for
many years, which was more tightly coupled with their actual internal bug
tracker called "Radar" (e.g. you saw their internal rdar number, internal bug
status, duplicates) than this new Feedback Assistant.

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck