qemu-devel

qemu_set_fd_handler callback is delayed

From: Eltahawy, Mahmoud
Subject: qemu_set_fd_handler callback is delayed
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 18:21:27 +0000

Hi,

I am new to QEMU and I am using qemu-3.0.1, I noticed a strange behavior for qemu_set_fd_handler that the callback for reading from a file descriptor is delayed then expected while the file descriptor(socket) has a data to read.

I register a callback for reading from a socket using qemu_set_fd_handler and during runtime, this callback is not invoked for about 14msec, however the socket has a data available for read. I tested this behavior by just creating a pthread which periodically checks the socket for any data using ioctl(socket_fd, FIONREAD, &count), and for a period of 14ms, I found that the pthread indicates there is a data in the socket while the qemu_set_fd_handler didn’t trigger the read callback.

Any advice?

Thanks

Mahmoud