qemu-devel

Understanding initialization order for spice in qemu

From: Christophe de Dinechin
Subject: Understanding initialization order for spice in qemu
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 13:11:44 +0200

Hi Gerd,

When I build qemu on master with moduels enabled, and run with spice, I
occasionally see:

 qemu-system-x86_64: util/module.c:136: module_load_file: Assertion
`QTAILQ_EMPTY(&dso_init_list)' failed.

Interestingly, I seem to have seen that only on master, but not on my own
branch. Have you ever seen the same problem? Could there be a race condition
here explaining why I sometimes see it, sometimes not? Or do you think it's
more likely to be a missing build dependency? Asking because I don't recall
ever seeing that on a clean build.

Command line:
% qemu-system-x86_64  -display spice-app /data/VMs/deb9.qcow2

Thanks
Christophe