qemu-devel

Re: Plans to refreshing iPXE roms ?

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Plans to refreshing iPXE roms ?
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 07:08:20 +0200

On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 01:58:20PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 at 13:53, Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > The current iPXE ROMs in QEMU date from Janary 2019, so feels like
> > they are overdue for a refresh.
>
> Sounds good.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll look into it.

> My impression has been that ROM refreshes
> seem to tend to arrive comparatively late in the QEMU
> release cycle -- I think it would be ideal if we did
> them earlier, given that they amount often to a big
> infusion of code changes all at once.

Well, ipxe update was discussed recently and I skipped it
for 5.1 exactly because it would have landed during the
freeze.  And there was no good reason to risk that.

For seabios I usually try to land larger updates at the
begin of the freeze, so we have the whole -rc phase for
testing.

take care,
  Gerd