qemu-devel

Re: About 'qemu-security' mailing list

From: Alexander Bulekov
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 11:58:41 -0400

And I forgot to mention that I think it is a great idea :) . Over the past
couple months, I reported a few dozen bugs on launchpad. Even though
many of them are memory-corruptions and might fall under the
"security-bug" label, they could be fixed faster simply because the
reports can reach the maintainer, without a manual triage process.
With more eyes available, it could be possible to report fuzzing bugs,
while sticking to the security process. It would be especially useful as
we are ramping up automated fuzzing on google's oss-fuzz and thinking
about how to handle those reports.
-Alex