qemu-devel

configure with datadir outside of --prefix fails with meson

From: Anthony PERARD
Subject: configure with datadir outside of --prefix fails with meson
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:30:12 +0100

Hi,

When we build QEMU while building Xen we do:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/xen \
                --datadir=/usr/share/qemu-xen \

But meson give an error:
  ERROR: The value of the 'datadir' option is '/usr/share/qemu-xen' which must
be a subdir of the prefix '/usr/lib/xen'.

Would it still be possible to allow datadir outside of prefix or is it
going to be a limitation imposed by meson?

I can always change the call to configure but it would be nice not to
have to.

Thanks,

--
Anthony PERARD