qemu-devel

Question about guest notification offload

From: 段振中
Subject: Question about guest notification offload
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 06:47:40 +0000

Hi Maintainers,

I setup a vdpa device and want to use the host and guest notifications offload for better performance.

Host notification offload works well but seems guest notification offload isn’t supported in qemu.

I see there were effort to add the support for both in below link two years ago.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio-dev/201803/msg00308.html

Host notification offload got its way in finally but guest notification offload not, I’m interested to know the reason

guest notification offload missed. Appreciate your reply. Thanks very much.

Zhenzhong